The mini Super Smash Bros. Direct just finished airing, and of coarse all of the leaks were accurate. Roy and Ryu join the battle today! Here’s the list of content available:
- Lucas and Roy available today for $3.99 each for Wii U/3Ds or $4.99 each for both systems
- Dreamland 64 stage available today for $1.99 for Wii U/3DS or $2.99 for both systems
- Miiverse stage available today for free
- New Mii Fighter costumes available for $0.75 each for Wii U/3DS or $1.15 each for both systems
- Tourney mode coming in August
- Uploadable replays to Youtube
- Hyrule Castle 64 and Peach’s Castle 64 coming soon
- Ryu and Susaku Castle Stage for $5.99 for Wii U/3DS or $6.99 for both systems
Roy plays similar to how he did in Melee, with most of his power being concentrated at the base of his sword. However, he’s even stronger this time around.
Ryu is by far the most unique character in Smash Bros. history. He plays just how he does in Street Fighter.
- Attacks vary from light to heavy depending on how long you hold the button
- Collarbone breaker works as a shield breaker
- Joudan Sokutogeri is a side smash attack
- Speed of Hadouken depends on how long you hold the button
- Inputing original Street Fighter commands will result stronger moves
I cannot wait to get my hands on this content. Now if only the eshop would stop crashing.