Bungie officially revealed Destiny 2’s next expansion Shadowkeep and talked about the Future of Destiny 2 in their livestream today.
Here’s the news:
- On September 17 we’ll see the next Destiny 2 expansion, Shadowkeep, which is set on the Moon and features the return of the space wizard Eris Morn.
- This one is completely standalone meaning that there is no need to buy Forsaken or any other parts of the game to access it. Same thing with future seasons.
- The game will get cross-save across PS4, PC, Xbox, and Google Stadia and the PC version will move from Battle.net to Steam.
- No more exclusive content. No longer will non-PS4 Destiny players will be without certain maps, weapons, and strikes.
- The base version of Destiny 2 along with all year-one content, Curse of Osiris and Warmind, will be going free-to-play with a new title: Destiny 2: New Light.
Here is the reveal trailer for Shadowkeep featuring Eris Morn
And here is the ViDoc of Bungie going more in-depth about Shadowkeep and future of Destiny:
What do you think about Shadowkeep? Are you looking forward into the future of Destiny 2? Let us know and stay tuned to GaminRealm for all your gaming news and updates.by