Today Microsoft is sending out a firmware update for the Xbox One controller to Preview Program members.
Once the update goes though, members will receive Quick Connect and various other fixes. Quick Connect will most likely be a popular fix because it cuts down the amount of time it takes for an Xbox One controller to connect to an Xbox by a considerable amount; going from 4 to 5 seconds, to about 2. When it comes to fixes, the update improves the overall system stability.
Microsoft provided these instructions for user to update their controller’s firmware:
- Connect a controller to your Xbox One with a USB cable. Keep any headsets connected to the controller.
- Connect to Xbox Live.
- Press the Menu
- Go to Settings > Devices & accessories. Select the controller. (If you have multiple controllers attached, you can select Buzz – which will cause the selected controller to vibrate.)
- Then select Update to download the new firmware to the controller attached via the USB cable, and the screen will show the Updating controller … progress screen
- When you see the Controller updated screen, press ‘B’ to go back to the Devices & accessories main page
- Reselect the controller, the Firmware version, should now be: 1.2.2236.0
Are you apart of the Preview Program? If you are make sure you go download this.
For the original article click here