Almost 6.5 million games were played during the PS4 exclusive Destiny alpha test that ended last week, developer Bungie revealed. Bungie posted on its website a bunch of stats about the amount of people that played the alpha. Between amount of heavy weapon kills, to the number of public events joined, these stats all show the great interest that a lot of players took the chance to check out Destiny before its release.
Here’s what Bungie gathered during the test:
- 1,195 Deathless Medals awarded in the Crucible
- 4,356 Splatters with the Sparrow
- 667,966 Public Events Joined
- 2,819,211 Orbs of Light Gathered
- 4,002,737 Heavy Weapon Kills
- 6,461,871 Player Games Played
- 6,850,773 Control Points Captured in the Crucible
- 21,687,298 Super Ability Kills
- 21,782,610 Secondary Weapon Kills
- 60,491,944 Fallen Dregs Dispatched with Extreme Prejudice
- 149,522,313 Primary Weapon Kills
In February, publisher Activision stated that Destiny will be the “best-selling new video game IP in history.” The game release date is September 9 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360, There will be a beta test which begins for PS3 and PS4 on July 17.