X-Men: Dark Phoenix has suffered the franchises lowest opening weekend to date with an estimated $33 million. It debuted in second place behind The Secret Life of Pets 2 which opened at $47.1 million.
According to Deadline, that projected $100-$120 million projected loss is “after ancillaries, off a combined production and [prints & advertising] estimated cost of $350M+ (which includes reshoots).”
The site’s film financial experts say Dark Phoenix’s final global box office haul is projected to be between $300-$325 million, or $285 million at the very worst.
We have included a list of opening weekend box office grosses for all the movies in the X-Men franchise.
- 1. Deadpool $132,434,639
- 2. Deadpool 2 $125,507,153
- 3. X-Men: The Last Stand $102,750,665
- 4. X-Men: Days of Future Past $90,823,660
- 5. Logan $88,411,916
- 6. X2: X-Men United $85,558,731
- 7. X-Men Origins: Wolverine $85,058,003
- 8. X-Men: Apocalypse $65,769,562
- 9. X-Men: First Class $55,101,604
- 10. X-Men $54,471,475
- 11. The Wolverine $53,113,752
- 12. Dark Phoenix $33,000,000
Will you be seeing Dark Phoenix in theaters? Let us know and as always keep it locked to GaminRealm for all your entertainment news.by